Friday, February 6, 2015

Jake's Birthday Post ( A day late)


           Jake is EIGHT today! Lord, how does this happen? This is more of a bragging post. Sorry, not sorry!

Jake is my clone. He's my buddy. Nobody knows him better than me! He's always seemed so mature for his age. He is a very serious child. He is a little shy and he rarely lets people see his silly side. He is so tender hearted and sensitive. I tend to be much harder on him than Luke and I'm sure it will be obvious once Luke starts school. Since Jake has been in school I think he's had his color changed twice. He's never made below a 94 on a report card and has become quite the little reader. Cody and I spend a lot of time with him doing school work teaching him how important it is. As much as he loves sports I try to reiterate that his education is always number one. I use sports most days to explain math problems to him and when he finishes a novel in a day it's usually a book that involves a ball. Whatever works! 

He is a remarkable athlete and I know if he can continue working as hard as he does he is going to be something special. He understands people don't get "lucky" by playing in college or the professionals. They work. We may not see them work but I promise they are putting in the extra time somewhere. Anybody that knows Jake sees that wherever he goes he's got a ball in his hands. He's always working. 

Jake is halfway through his classes to make his first Communion and first Confirmation at Easter! He asks me every Sunday if it's finally the day he gets to receive communion? I have to admit my mom talks to him and teaches him all about our Catholic faith and picks up my slack. I have been very strict this year on him about these classes. We try not to miss on Wednesday nights even if we have practice or games. I want him to always know that it comes first, over all things!

I have written before that Jake was my light during my darkest times and he's always pushed me to be a better person and mom. Cody and I stay awake many nights talking about parenting and praying we are doing it the right way. It's such a hard job! Can I get an Amen? I know it seems that I think he's a perfect child. He messes up just like they all do and I hope he learns with each mistake. I do know it doesn't matter how much he fails and how much he succeeds but when I look in his big brown eyes my heart and eyes fill up. He makes me the proudest mommy in the world! 

Mom made everything he loved last night! His birthday spread....



Some of my FAVORITE old pics....









3 comments:

  1. The fun of walking thousands online.

    viva3388 One of the sites offering online investment games. Gambling games where the player can use all kinds of betting services with selected gambling. Make profits to bet on every single day with the selected gambler. Always give good returns. The profit is very high. Gambling and gambling in the first place. The return of the lot. Want to bet on real-life gambling?

    It is also a website that is open to the player for a long time. Our website is a lot of promotions. In return for investors to use the online investment games at our website today. Ensure that the gambler who came to us at the site, you will not be disappointed. If you are a new player, you will not be able to use the service before to use the service on our site, you will get a lot of bonuses and will also be staff to provide services and teach techniques to play in gambling. Of each game as well. You can subscribe here. viva9988

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are an online entertainment service

    คาสิโนออนไลน์ We are an online entertainment service that is used to play games, gambling online, and a full range of thirst for playing games to win online. Every gamer has come to choose to play online games with a lot of people and have many wishes on a regular basis.

    Together with the way we also have a scheme of touching the service of playing online games online. Every gamer has come to choose all the requirements for playing online games are numerous and full of fun. With the way we have the experience of playing online gambling games have come to choose to play online games with a lot of people and enjoy all the satisfaction. The players all have to play games with the other bananas at any time.

    Moreover, we also have a lot of games online. A gambling game you have to choose to play online games with various and all of it's overwhelming to be a professional gambler games you've already chosen to serve on the games. Online pork at any time. Gclub Slot

    ReplyDelete