Monday, August 8, 2011

I Fall Apart Without Her

I feel like there is so much to say and I just lost out on a complete week of my life, laying in bed. I have been having gall bladder attacks, bad, like real bad. Bad enough that I did a whole post about them a few weeks ago. Considering I have not been a avid blogger lately you know they were a big deal! Monday morning I ate a bowl of cereal and immediately starting having an attack. I knew from the past if I could throw up everything in my stomach that there is a possibility it may ease up. Things did not ease up a bit and my mom told Cody to put me in the car and drive me past Huntsville and Conroe ER to The Woodlands. I got to the ER about 4 and I was in surgery by 8. My gall bladder was full of stones and when they removed it they learned it turned from the yellowish-green color of a normal gall bladder to grey! I was in bad shape.

I stayed at moms until I couldn't stay anymore. I was going crazy. My dad, my parents are divorced, is remodeling my mom and step dad's kitchen. He's the best cabinet builder around, they didn't have a choice!! The sounds of saws, banging hammers, no kitchen sink, and everything in boxes drove me and the kids out of there Thursday. My sister brought us home and I went down hill again. I'm convinced it's my mom. I fall apart without her. I never left the bed Friday. I knew mom was leaving Saturday on a two week business trip to Brazil to set up their new office, that has been planned for months,  I had no choice but to get well. Saturday morning I hear mom at my house getting Luke ready for his 7:30 feeding. Mom cancelled her trip and sent my step dad alone. She has always lived by a motto that a job was never more important than her family. Saturday, I got up out of bed and I have been perfect ever since! So many people did so much to help this week and it really opened my eyes how blessed we are. My sister took care of me and cooked the best damn meals you have ever eaten for two days, my sister in law came and cleaned my house and did every piece of laundry here, and my mother in law brought medicine constantly that she thought would help me get better. Cody, on the other hand, who was working evenings still thinks I was being a baby. I don't take what he says very serious since he called his mom last time he had a 24 hour bug when I was 8 months pregnant because I wouldn't wipe his butt pretty much. No, he was great and scared all at the same time. It's so ludicrous to me how much I depend on him and think everything would fall apart without him and the minute I get sick he feels the same way. Its always a good thing to feel needed. I definitely need my husband as much as he needs me.

Mom left this morning after church and we have been so lazy. It has been my favorite day of the week so far, until tomorrow when I get to go pick up Jake  from his dads. Its been so quiet without him. I am sure Luke is either very close to getting a tooth or has a little cold. His eyes are matted, nose running, and a little congested. His pediatrician told me last time we were there that it would be any day for a tooth. I'm trying to ride it out, I have spent enough at these offices and hospitals the last 4 months!!!

Hope y'all have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. I love your momma!!! So sweet! I'm glad you're feeling better! We are in Tyler again if y'all are up for a visit, OR we could come visit you??

    ReplyDelete