Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Week One Down

We made it through the first week of school and had one of the most relaxing weekends ever!!

Jake had a PERFECT week at school. The PE teacher was amazed at his motor skills and made it a point to come and tell me he was doing circles around the other kids in the class when she "taught" them to skip and walk backwards in the gym. Mrs. Byrd came to see me Friday after school as well to tell me how funny he was. Of course, we think he's hilarious but he is our child....Mrs. Byrd came and said she was going over the rules in class and he told the kids if they didn't follow these rules they would get sent "straight to the post office." This makes me laugh so hard because growing up I don't think I ever stepped foot in a post office until I was 16. Nobody I knew had PO boxes. Now EVERYBODY I know has one where we live. We don't get mail at our house and I still don't quite understand why. I don't guess I have ever asked either.

Luke's sitter is in love with him and told me she wished she had five more babies just like him. Who wouldn't love that baby?  Bless her heart, how in the world does one be a in home childcare facilitator? I am postitive I would have NO hair. She loves it and everybody in town loves her. I am so blessed to have found that woman!! "Good things come to those who wait."

Friday night we had the Walters over for dinner. Cody and John grilled steaks while Brandy and I stayed inside letting the boys run around the house completely tearing it up. Brandy is a teacher too and we were both tired, very tired. Talking to Brandy made me feel much better about being so worn out after the first week because she was just as bad off as me. They are one of my most favorite couples in Centerville and we make it a point to have dinner at least once every two months. Their little boy Rush loves none of Jake's toys and would rather play in my Tupperware drawer any day of the week. I knew what I was doing when I put that drawer on the bottom!

Saturday morning I met Elena and Kinsey, a high school friend and her little girl, in Leona at Pecan Grove for lunch. It is such a small hole in the wall sandwich place right between Centerville and Madisonville where Elena lives. I am not sure why Elena have waited so long to meet and catch up on the last 10 years of our lives since we are so close. Her little girl is PRECIOUS and she has a little boy on the way. So excited for her and her sweet little family.

Saturday afternoon Britney and Noah drove from Bryan to see us. Britney and I have become super close in the past year. Her husband is one of Cody's childhood best friends. I only wished they lived closer. There is never a time we don't laugh and have a good time. Their son, Noah, is two months old and is Luke's best friend. We aren't giving them a choice. With the size of Noah and Luke's hands and feet I'm sure they will be quite the athletes of Centerville Texas one day.

Sunday was church and being as lazy as possible around the house. I caught up on much needed rest this weekend. Cody and I both decided we could get VERY used to do absolutely nothing on weekends. Unfortunately our schedules won't allow it. Hope you all have a super week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment