Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cooking and Cuties

Its been a pretty quiet week around here so far. We have stayed inside for the most part because its SO hot outside. I was starting to cabin fever today so went to Wal-Mart to get a few things for next weeks river trip!  I have been doing  A LOT of cooking. I know I have been through the whole canister of sugar and flour since Sunday. I can see it on my thighs. I don't blog that much about cooking because I usually don't have a recipe to post. Coming from a HUGE Cajun family I spent many of hours in the kitchen with my mom, aunts, and grandma. I never use a recipe when I am cooking dinner. If I have a question I usually just pick up the phone and call my mom. It's summer time, obviously. In the country where we live everyone has a garden right now except us. Every time we go visit family and friends we come home with some kind of fresh veggie! I have enough green beans to feed a small army!  I have been trying to cook as much as I can with stuff people give to us. One of my new favorites is purple hull peas that come straight from Big Daddy's (Cody's dad) garden. I made a roast yesterday with fresh potatoes that came from him too. I wish Cody and I had a garden but we cant even seem to keep a hanging basket alive much less a whole garden. Jake has been in the kitchen with me and loves to help. He's quite the egg cracker these days. Every time I do need a recipe I go to Pioneer Woman's website to see if she has what I am looking for. She hasn't failed me yet! Jake and I even looked through her cookbook yesterday and made her pineapple upside down cake. I am positive it was not as good as hers and Cody said it was just "edible." I have yet to accomplish just plain ole homemade chocolate chip cookies!

I have so many matching outfits for the boys and Luke is starting to fit in them! Jake thinks it is so cool. I am sure this won't last much longer but he better get used to it!! There is something about two cute little boys with matching clothes.

Luke's face says it all!!




I made a lemon chess and buttermilk pie from PW's Tasty Kitchen. They were both TO.DIE.FOR.

Lemon Chess

** im not editing this. luke is calling my name! 


2 comments:

  1. They are so cute. Also, my lightbulb went out on my scentsy! I need a new one. Email me at brandy424@Hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I enjoy being in the kitchen as well. We have been eating pretty healthy these days, so cooking dinner instead of going out to eat has been great for us...and Shawn loves coming home to a home cooked meal! :)
    Me too on the garden...I told him I want one next year as well! Let's both do it Casey!!

    ReplyDelete