Sunday, June 12, 2011

On the Home front

I have been putting off blogging because there is so much to blog about. And, I'm trying to have fun with the kids because I know summer will be gone before I know it. I have had my nephew here all week and Jake is in heaven. Colin is 13 but is considered the coolest guy on the planet according to Jake. It amazes me how good Colin is with Jake with them being so far apart in age. I can thank Colin for Jake being so tough. He throws Jake around and Jake "taps out" when he cant take it anymore. Which is very seldom. I have Colin to thank for Jake running around singing," Black and Yellow, Bottoms Up, and This is How We Do It." Don't judge me, it could be worse. I will also be calling Colin when Jake gets in his first fight because he has beat the living crap out a kid for probably nothing at all. I can honestly say I have never had to worry about Jake getting picked on at school or anywhere else for that matter. Jake will body slam a kid in a minute and he could care less how big they are. It's a constant struggle in this house to make Jake understand not every boy wants to wrestle and fight when they come to play. He will get there, one spanking at a time!

I took Luke to his 2 month check up this week and the kid is growing like a weed. He is 13.9 pounds and few short of 26 inches long. This means he has grown 6 inches in 2 months. He is wearing all 6 month clothes and some are still too short. I looked at Jake's baby book and at SIX months he was 26 inches long and 20 pounds. And you wanna know why I am scared to have a girl? Boys can get away with being tall but I just know my little girl will be born and be a giant. It wasn't always cool to have to stand on the back row for pictures or to NEVER be able to find pants long enough as a kid. If I can just stick to boys, I will be a-ok!! Luke is starting to coo and talk and smile constantly. Him and Cody have this special little sound they make and it melts my heart. There is no doubt Luke loves his daddy and his daddy is so in love with him. Luke is changing every day and I am still researching a way to make it stop. He is constantly moving. His legs and arms are always going ninety to nothing. His favorite place to be is on the floor on his back. Jake is starting to come around too. I think he has realized Luke is not going anywhere so he might as well start to like him!

Here are some pics that are long overdue
Jake's Pre-School Graduation



I wish somewhere in Jake's pre school curriculum was a lesson on how to smile! He is still the most handsome kid in town!

End of the Year Program


Last Day of School



Memorial Day Weekend BBQ at my in-laws



Luke and Daddy

Luke and Mommy


And THIS is why I wake up every morning with a smile!



I swear I am going to start keeping up with this better. Catching up is for the birds......


No comments:

Post a Comment