Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Frio Frenzies

We left last Thursday bright and early for the Frio River with both sides of our families!! I think we had about 50 people in Concan, Texas that were related to us. We had about 22 people in one house. Anytime you have that many people in one house it is complete and utter chaos. It reminded me of Vegas in some aspects. People coming in/out of the doors at all hours, more beer to drink than any legal limit, and things that happened there need to stay there. I loved the fact that me, my brother, my sister, my 2 step sisters, and all of our children were there. Jake was in HEAVEN. His favorite people were at his fingertips 24 hours a day for 5 full days!!  I am still trying to convince my parents we do not need a place in Alaska that we can visit once a year, we need a house like this where we can all go a few times each year and be together. ALL TOGETHER!! Stoney LaRue was playing at the house pasture Saturday night so we brought Jake. This part of our vacation made all the lost hours of sleep, hangovers, and sunburns well worth it. He was amazed and overwhelmed to say the least. It was more than he ever imagined. Jake wore the red bandanna ,on the front row, right in the middle of the stage all night. My clothes were wet from sweat and drinks that the classy girls behind me, jumping around somewhat like I used to at age 21, spilled down my back.  In the middle of the show Stoney came over and gave Jake a guitar pick. Jake did not want to move from the front. Every time he played one of Jake's favorite songs Jake look at me like,"mom, omg, I know this song." It was so cute.  I'm sure Jake's picture got uploaded to Facebook many times Saturday night because every person around us went on and on about how cute he was and couldn't believe he was so interested. One lady was even trying to "hook him up" with her 3 year old daughter. It was the high light of my trip no doubt!! Im sure Jake will be talking about it for a LONG time!





I, of course, did not get all of the pictures I hoped for the whole trip but between Luke and Jake, Cody and I stayed busy the whole time. We bought Cody his first set of golf clubs for Father's Day so he played golf one of the days with all of the guys. He said he was terrible but had a blast. I got to lay by the pool and in the river with some of the girls so I felt accomplished!! I hope there is no limit to pics on this blog because I am pretty sure I am about to exceed it!! Here ya go!!

















As I unpack and wash clothes I am trying to get all of the last minute stuff wrapped up for Amy's bachelorette party this weekend in Austin! I haven't stopped to breathe. I feel like my head is spinning but I am too excited for words for Amy! Cody will keep Luke this weekend when I am gone! Y'all pray!! I have a feeling Cody will pack their bags and head to his mama's for the weekend!! Jake left this morning for his dads for TEN freakin days and I cried all morning. I am so tired of him leaving me, having fun, and never thinking about his poor mama that counts down the days until he gets home. I will stay as busy as I possibly can until next Thursday! 

One last thing before I finish up this post that has now taken me approximately 12+ hours to complete....I heard at least 5 times while we were at the Frio how awesome my husband was. My brother even made the comment, which is HUGE. Of course, I have always thought he was the most wonderful man in the world but it really hit me when people have asked all week who is going to keep Luke while I am away this weekend? Um, DUH, Cody. They look at me like I am crazy with a response something like, "my husband would never do that." I will end with saying I am the luckiest girl in the world!! "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment