Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bland=Fun

Who would have ever thought eating the most bland, non- fattening food could still be fun?? I had three gall bladder attacks last week and it was HORRIBLE. I told Cody I would rather have 10 more kids with no epidural before I ever went through that pain again. I have read every article Google has to offer about your gall bladder, what it does, and why it spams while causing so much pain. Every single one I have read says the same thing. Fatty foods and excessive weight gain or loss in a short time. Obviously I fit all of those categories. So, since last Monday I have stayed far away from all of the foods I have loved the past 28 years of my life. And it sucks even though I know its so much better for me. For example, I made myself a scrambled egg sandwich earlier with no yolk and only half of the bread had mayo. That is so not me. I honestly don't believe you can ever have enough mayo.  I can no longer drive thru any of my favorite places and fulfill my craving for Jack In The Box tacos or McDonald's french fries. Believe it or not we are still having so much fun even though I think my life is over.

This week my mom got us tickets to the circus at Reliant. My sister and I loaded up the kids and headed downtown. I left Luke with mom because I knew it was going to be a LONG day. Jake, Casey, and Colin loved it. As far as me and my sister, we had a blast. I don't remember when the last time we brought the kids to do something like that. Our seats were so close I didn't even have to use the zoom lens on my camera. Jake did not move the entire time we were there.







On the way home we took the kids for lunch at the Aquarium. Jake's favorite place to be is with his Casey & Colin for no other reason than they spoil his rotten.




Brooke called Wednesday and invited us to Lake Palestine. I really wanted Cody to be able to come. Brooke's husband is what I would think like a superintendent, even though I don't know his exact title, over a hand full of golf courses. I knew Cody would love to be able to play golf and hang out with Lance, but he had already promised his brother he would help him build a carport. I loaded up both boys and we headed to Bullard on Friday morning. The house we stayed in was amazing.  I never got pictures but these are the ones Brooke sent



I could have stayed forever. Our boys played so good together and Jake was so upset when we had to leave. Brooke and I tried to stay up like old times to shotgun beers and talk but we were both in bed by 12:30. We agreed that this has to happen more often.

I'm off to the mall ALONE and Cody says he is going to clean the house while I am gone all while Luke and Jake are here with him. I cant wait to get back home to see the progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment