Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday Randomness


It's Friday so I can be random if I want to.



First- I am completely over summer. It's sad because I am not even tan anymore and I don't even care. It is too hot to even be in the pool. You can find me inside for at least another month when this heat is OVER! I am tired of wearing sandals too. My feet are so dirty by the end of the day because of the dirt and sand that get in them. Having dirty feet is a pet peeve of mine. Bring on the UGG boots and tennis shoes!

Second- Now that I am back at work and actually have time to get on the Internet I have become that crazy online shopper, again. Sara showed me a new website for children and I am obsessed already. Chasing Fireflies!! Two orders in two days. Hope Cody doesn't read this :)  I ordered off of Amazon earlier too and realized it charged my moms card instead of mine. Oops, I swear I didn't plan that.

Third- My sweet nephew Colin tore his knee UP. The biggest decision right now is if they repair it they will have to drill in to the growth plate and there is a 5% chance it will stunt his growth. Or it can cause his leg to "kick out" at a 45 degree angle which will be another problem down the road. I honestly have no clue what I would do if I were my sister. My nephew is 13 and is very aware of what is going on and of course wants to have the surgery. We live for sports in my family and if he doesn't take the chance now and waits until he is done growing, his sports are over. He could still grow for another 4 years. My brother, who is 6'7, grew another 2 inches in college. I have blown out my knee twice but I was done growing. I had it fixed both times and still played basketball. I have cried all week because my heart is so broken for Colin. I know, as a kid, you have all of these BIG dreams and you think nothing will ever happen to you. Literally in the blink of an eye things can change. This is so hard for a child to understand. And I am crying AGAIN typing this. Moving on.....Please pray for my family and my sweet Colin.


Fourth- I am so tired of getting these e-mails telling me I can become a teacher. Shouldn't they know who is a teacher and who isn't before they send out the things? I want to hit REPLY ALL one time and say DO NOT become a teacher because the pay sucks, there are no jobs, the insurance went up, they will not pay off your student loans, and my direct deposit was less last night than it was last year....aren't you supposed to get a raise from year to year? Yes, I know I am supposed to be thankful for a job but it seems to be getting worse each year. UGH!!

Fifth- We are headed home this weekend to spend time with my family. We cant wait!!!! Hope yall have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment