Saturday, October 29, 2011

All Outta Sorts

I'm definitely not going to try and catch up or get in the habit of falling behind on this thing! I will try and make it short. I do have some things I want to post!

1. My birthday was the last time I posted. I copied the sweet letter I got from mom across the country. She was gone for 3 weeks and it was terrible. I pray extra, extra each night for God to keep her here forever. I would be lost without her!

2. I have preached to my husband about this budget that I'm trying to follow and he comes home with an iPad for my birthday. He doesn't listen to me but makes me believe I run the DeSpain house. Clearly that is not the case.

3. Last week was crazy. Cody was working nights and I was helping the 3rd grade teacher in her room. It reminded me of Super Nanny. They call me in when there is a problem. Her group is rowdy and rough. And a little disrespectful at times. I heard a teacher say one time that her only rule in her room was BE RESPECTFUL and everything else was a procedure. I have adopted it in my room and always have a well behaved group. I think being out of your classroom is like staying at a hotel. You just feel all out of sorts. I loved helping and look forward to getting her group of kids next year despite them saying more than once I was mean and they wanted their teacher back!! I took it as a good indication I was doing my job.

4. My precious baby has 4 teeth coming in and has been fighting a cold all week. I took him in on Friday and he has Croup. We having been laying around all weekend in our pj's at Grammys house. He's still smiling!



5. Cody and Jake are in Devine at the bird lease. Jake is having the time of his life. They have both called tonight and said it's been such a fun trip but they are ready to come home. I thought he was killing dove! He looks like he's in a war zone!





6. I dropped my niece off at a dance party tonight here in the neighborhood. My mom and sister both live in the fun neighborhood that is full of kids. We never had to leave growing up. All of our friends were right here. I dropped her off after learning that she was one of the only 7th graders invited and my eyes were full of tears. How in the world did she get so big?!

7. Cody and I started doing some reading together at night and I will go in detail later. It's worth a whole post and I don't want to short change you by any means. We are both so excited about all of the wonderful things that will take place in 2012!

8. Lastly, please pray for this TJ Murray family that is from the Conroe area. I can't imagine someone just disappearing. Somebody knows where this young man is. All I can think about is his poor family.

**I have so many pictures to upload. My sister had my camera cord at her house after I completely tore up mine looking for it!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment