Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Coincidence-I think not!

I love the age the boys are at! They are so much fun. I have tried to keep my house clean ever since the Christmas holidays but these toys are taking over. And I don't mind. They are starting to play together and Luke still thinks Jake has hung the moon. Anything Luke does that Jake laughs at you can bet he will do it over and over again.





Since the day I found out Jake was a boy I have always imagined him as an athlete. We are all athletes in our family. My cousin was down this weekend that was a runner and it's really crazy how many of us in the family played sports. I am not sure how old he is but I know he is pushing 40 and the guy STILL holds the state record for the 2 mile. In high school he ran a 3:57 mile and the record was just broken within the last 5 years. Dude was a baller. We will talk about him later...
So, Jake had his first basketball game EVER this weekend. I cried, laughed, cursed, screamed, clapped, and cried some more Saturday morning. Let me start off by saying that when I met Cody we talked about sports a lot. He was a baseball and football player. One of the first things we figured out was we were both number 11. Sounds so cheesy, yes I know! At Jake's practice Friday night they got their uniforms. The sizes were all messed up and I told them I would take the child medium instead of small since he is a pretty big kid. She pulled out the medium and I almost tackled her. Um yea, we will take that for sure. Like woman, I am not giving you a choice. It's MINE! This is what started my crying....my sweet boy is number 11. Coincidence? I think not!  Ha!  On game day Jake had to have 10 out of the 20 people in the stands there just for him. My mom, my dad, Annette, Cody, Luke, Miranda, his dad, Sara(sister), and her friend. The game was just as chaotic and confusing as any game would be with a group of 4/5/6 year olds. I was sweating worse than Jake and I know my blood pressure had to be through the roof. He has the defense part of the game down. We have so much work to do but it's so much fun watching him.








Jake, his dad, and sister



 

My cousin found this picture of me last weekend. This is my Kindergarten school pic. My mom had obviously put my hair in sponge rollers and my dad probably took them out on the way to school that day. I will never understand why they rolled my already curly/frizzy hair? Praise God for the CHI!  Notice my yellow earrings and blue t-shirt. I stayed with dad a lot that year since we only went to school for half a day. His sense of style has obviously seen better days...

No comments:

Post a Comment