Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Louisiana Lovin'

Christmas this year was spent at my brother's in Bayou Vista, Louisiana. I love every single thing about Louisiana and visiting there. Just something about the food, accents, swamp lands, and people make me never want to leave.

I can almost bet my kids never wanted to come home either. In Louisiana you can:

Go without clothes
Play with the computer in the car as long as you want
Sleep in the room with ALL your cousins
Take up the WHOLE pew at church

Get Mardi-Gras beads at any age
Play LCR at any age

Eat gumbo before you start walking

Put anything on a cracker


And get rested for the next go around



Little Casey came back with us but it didn't last long. I was cleaning house and she was dying to get her new iPhone that was waiting for her at home! She is so precious to us. And Luke obviously loves her!


New Years Eve was spent at our house with friends. The kids did the usual fireworks and even Luke made the ball drop!
How we all felt New Years Day
Loved Granny's black-eyed peas


I took Luke to his 9 month check up last week and he is HUGE! He was 21 pounds and 31 inches long. He is 110% in height and 90% in weight. He has just come alive lately. His personality is the cutest thing ever. Some things he is doing right now....blowing kisses, pulling up on everything and will let go with NO fear, saying mama, dada, bye-bye, Goo(Goose), throwing a ball, clapping, dancing, and biting the fire out of me anytime I am not on my A game. He is so soft hearted. I could spank Jake's hands and he would just laugh at me. Luke loses it. Tears, broken heart, screaming, breaks my heart, the whole deal. It's terrible. Wouldn't it be something if we could just use a stern voice and give my poor hand or paint stick a rest after a few years?  

No comments:

Post a Comment