Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day- Food and Friends


I got to thinking what I could post about today. I have been thinking about Amber Nicole all day. She is one of my best friends from high school that is by far one of my most favorite people in the whole world. What I love about Amber is she has worked for everything she has and she has the most positive attitudes in the world. So many of us including myself have been given so many things by our parents to help us "get started" in life. It has not always been easy for her. She very seldom calls me to vent or complain. She is thankful for what she has and always makes me see the good in every situation. She enlisted in the Army when we were seniors in high school and has been gone ever since. She started at the bottom and worked her way up. She is now married with two kids and takes care of her mom and stepdad. I depended on Amber in school for so many things. She was my right arm during basketball season, my support system, and always my biggest fan. She has been the most honest and most loyal friend I have ever had. If I gained 5 pounds or my shorts were too short she was the first to let me know. She is the cutest thing I have ever seen and has a perfect family now! She loves the Lord and her chilren like I do. Obsessed may be the right word. Thank you Amber for being the best thing in the world. Thank you for all of the sacrifices you make for our freedom!! You are truly my hero!!!

Here are your recipes I have been promising!!

Meatloaf-

1 pound HB meat
1 medium onion chopped (small)
2 stalks celery chopped
1 tablespoon mustard
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup oatmeal

Mix everything together. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Put it all in a baking dish. (one of those loaf pans, like you would bake bread in) Pour ketchup all over the top(cover all of the meat)

Bake at 350 for an hour. I cover mine with foil and take off the foil about 15 minutes before it done!


Quick Peach Cobbler

Mix 2 cups of self rising flour, 2 cups of milk, 2 cups of powered sugar togther with a mixer. Pour in a 9x11 baking dish. Take 2 cans of sliced peaches and drain the juice. Pour in the pan. Take a stick of butter and cut in small squares spreading them out all over the pan. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for an hour. Take foil off and turn up the temp to 400 and bake until the top is golden brown!!!

I did not proofread this. Luke is eating his hands. Love you!!1

No comments:

Post a Comment