Thursday, December 15, 2011

4 year old wisdom

I have noticed Jake is going through one of those "growing up" stages again. He gets sweeter by the day. And witty. I have rubbed off on him and realized I am raising the most sarcastic child ever. Nothing like me, of course.

Some funny conversations lately:

1. Cody and I were going to have a night out and the boys were going to stay with mom. All of the other grand kids were at her house too....
Me: Jake, I put your pj's and blanket in your bag.
Jake: I don't want to bring my blanket.
Me: Jake, I'm not coming home early if you are crying because you don't have it. None of your cousins will see it. Leave it in the bag until it's bedtime.
Cody: What are you going to do when he is playing football at Texas? Call and say do you have your blanket for bedtime?
Me: I will drive to Austin every night at bedtime and tuck him in if I have to!
Cody and Jake laugh and Jake turns to me and says," yea, good one mom"


2. I was cooking dinner last week and as I was chopping potatoes and  half of it fell on the floor. Jake quietly chuckles and says,"awesome."

3. Jake's teacher came to my room and told me Jake went to the bathroom and came back out very quick. She asked him if he washed his hands? He said well no cause I didn't even "touch it"

4 And tonight: he asked me what he would do when he was 15? I said well you won't be driving, but you will be a big boy and mommy will be very old. He says,"that's ok
mom, I will still love you!"











- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment