Friday, December 9, 2011

It's the freakin' weekend

I started off the morning with a little dispute with the lady from our local post office. I went to pick up our mail yesterday and couldn't get the thing open. Jake tried and he couldn't either. I text Cody and told him to try and get the mail on the way home. He didn't have any luck. We then realized that they locked our box. It is a constant with these people. They are a joke, really. I am always getting my mother and sister in laws mail and they call my mother in law and tell her when I get a package. They locked our box because my name was not added to the list to receive mail there. I have lived in Centerville for almost 2 years.  Her excuse was she was trying to get our "attention." After the conversation we had I am thinking my box will be WIDE OPEN when I get there today. She got my attention alright. Oh, the life in a small town.

Cody has been on nights all week and I am proud to say I survived! He was given the opportunity to work overtime and he took it. It's Christmas, who wouldn't take it? We did miss church this Wednesday and we will miss Sunday too because of his out of town Christmas party. It makes for a long week.  Thank God for my dad and step mom. They are coming to stay with the kids for the WHOLE weekend. Do you understand what that means? Cody and I get a whole weekend without kids, shopping, Christmas party fun, free hotel, sleeping late, quiet, etc... I could really go on and on. I don't think I can count on my fingers and toes how many times we have each said how excited we are to get away!

Jake has become quite the helper around the house. Who would have known he would have become the sweet big brother 9 months ago? He fed Luke this week and even wanted to change his poopy diaper last night. Luke is everywhere right now. I knew my Christmas decorations would turn in to his favorite new toys. He loves the presents under the tree and any kind of lights he can get his hands on. The older I get the slower I move. I am thankful I have Jake to pick up my slack!!



I have become an avid pinner. I am slightly obsessed with the house decor ideas. I can honestly say Tuesday night is the first night I have actually sat down and studied our house plans. I have not wanted to get my hopes up about something that may not happen. I told Cody I am so glad we are building after Pinterst has come about. Decorating is my favorite thing to do and I feel like I am so out of practice because we only have so many options in our little house. I LOVE the house Cody found and I love the plan. He fired me from house plan hunting because every house I showed him was the ones I loved on the outside but the inside was nothing like I explained to him. I am getting very anxious and we still have so much to do. Please pray we sell our house QUICK so I can make all of my Pinterest dreams come true.

After today I have 4.5 days of school until two weeks off. My students have lost their minds and better bring me good presents this year to make up for it. They need the break as bad as I do.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment