Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Our God is Always Planning

I promised myself I would not blog at night anymore after the last incident. Last week I was laying in bed with Jake while Cody was at work and decided to blog about how cute, funny, and smart he is. The next morning I vaguely remember even blogging. I am the head hit the pillow, I'm out, kind of sleeper so I have no clue why I thought it would be a good idea to blog. Anyway, I got to school and decided to look at it and realized my blog did not make any sense and all 15 of my followers were no longer. I apologize to any of you that read the blog pre edit process. It was terrible.

I am wide awake tonight and just sat down for the first time this evening. My house is in complete shambles. I had to clear a spot to sit in the living room. Jake is with his dad until tomorrow so I have been able to get everything out and wrap it. I shopped all day long today with my mother in law to get the last minute things I needed. We are leaving tomorrow for our long journey to spend Christmas with my brother and his family in Morgan City, Louisiana. I am regretting the hours I spent making bows for these cute boxes and curling ribbon with the edge of my scissors to throw it all in a box and pray it doesn't rain the whole way! Either way, it's going to be a hilarious trip, my brother may be the funniest guy you have ever met.

I am blogging tonight for one particular reason. I want to share a story that gave me the chills tonight and prove to my children our God is an awesome one. He plans it all before we have any idea what's going on. Here it goes...

A few weeks ago mom came up to stay with me and the boys while Cody was working nights. When she got here she went on and on about some kids she saw walking home on the hwy we live on. She was very upset a mother would let children this young walk home when it's getting close to dark or just walk period. After explaining to the small boys she was not going to hurt them but just wanted to drive behind them to make sure they got home safe she turned around at their hot pink house and came to mine. She would not let it go. Like to the point I finally had to tell her," mom I see this everyday in my classroom. You just can't save everybody."

I contacted Abby a month or so ago asking if she knew of a family I could adopt here because her daughter is in school in Centerville. She contacted Peyton's teacher and replied back with 4 names and their lists. I was set. Little did I know Cody and I would get robbed and have to spend money on replacing some items at Christmas time of all times. I was beginning to question myself as to should I have even done this? I knew that some family out there was depending on us and I had to make it happen. We went and bought all of the gifts today and met one of the girls at the school to deliver the gifts because she didn't have room in her car for it all. I had no plans on going with her UNTIL when we were all loaded up and she said mumbled directions and I heard 3 words. THE PINK HOUSE. We were going to the pink house. The one my mom has been worried about for over a month now. Of course, I got chills all over and had no question as to was I doing the right thing. I KNEW from that point on we would have the most wonderful Christmas ever. Delivering the presents was a eye opener but knowing it's all in God's hands gives me so much peace about those children. I immediately called mom and told her God is walking everyday with those sweet babies from school and she can rest easy knowing that.

Merry Christmas my sweet friends! Hope you all have a blessed weekend!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I got chills reading that. Thanks for sharing. And God is definitely watching over the pink house.

    ReplyDelete