Wednesday, December 14, 2011

So Violated

I'm supposed to be getting my Christmas cards ready to mail out. When you get them for New Years just know I have had them the whole time. I just can't get in the spirit.

Tonight is the only night we don't have anywhere to be after school. Family is coming in on Friday and I am wondering when I will be able to not clean, but at least straighten my house. I am lucky CJ and Harper love us so much and don't care what my house looks like! Cody is on evenings and it's so hard without him home. Once my schedule is back to normal I am going to try this at home. I think it will work but it may take me 30 minutes. I spend 15 washing dishes and picking up. Maybe I could talk Cody in to the picking up part and I could do the cleaning. I actually love that idea. I will let you know if it works. I dated a guy once that always joked about Mondays being vacuum day and he would have to hold the vacuum up in the air for his mom to do the fans. Even though my children will never be able to say that about their mom, I hope I am never that bad. Who does ceiling fans once a week? I just never turn them off and you can't tell if they are dusty or not. I have realized the older I get the worse I am. It's bad. Like even when I pack the car for out of town I catch myself telling Cody how to do it. I can't relax if its not done the way I like it. Is there an pill for that?

Last weekend Cody and I were so excited to get away for the weekend. His Christmas party was in College Station on Saturday night so we went up Friday to hang out and do some Christmas shopping. We checked in our hotel about 8, dropped off our things, and met friends at Roadhouse at 8:30. After stopping off at Fox N' Hound we got back to our room at 12:30. As I was getting in the shower I noticed our bags were gone. The front desk, of course, had no clue where our stuff was. We filed a police report and insisted on being transferred to another hotel. The police were able to see they used some kind of tool to break in our room. It was the weirdest thing. The first thing Cody and I noticed was that there were NO cars in the parking lot of Homewood Suites that night. Some body had to watch us go to our room and watch us leave. They had to know what room we went in. I cried and cried and just wanted to go home. Cody wasn't having it. After I made a trip to Wal- Mart, the mall, and Ulta the hotel called and said they found our bags on the 4th floor in a vacant room. SO WEIRD. They took anything worth any value out of our bags. Cody's pistol, my camera, and my jewelry. We pretty much had underwear left and we damn sure weren't wearing them. The room they found our bags in was a smoking room so our stuff REEKED. I cried more when they found our bags. I know that officer questioned if he should take me in and have me admitted. I don't know if you have ever had stuff stolen from you but I felt so violated. I still do. I made Cody clean out the bags and throw the bags away. Every time I have looked at them my stomach turns. The hotel has given me the complete run around and I am sure I am saved in the GM's cell phone as DON'T ANSWER. My mom has always told us if somebody steals from you they need it way worse and let them have it. The thing that makes me most upset is that it's Christmas time and I have no camera to take pictures of my kids. Yes, I will go buy a new one until we figure out if they are going to reimburse us or not. It's still just the point. I have tried not to ever use the word steal in front of Jake because students in my class always think someone else stole their things when they have misplaced it. He heard us talking about all this and is now very familiar with the word. Its become such a sad world we live in.
** Y'all know about my mom, I talk about her all the time. She was in Vegas last weekend for their annual sales meeting. I called her to tell her what happened that Saturday morning. Anytime I hear my mom's voice at a time like this I immediately start crying. This is what mom tells me," Dry your eyes, go buy what you need, call the Corporate office, and we will talk when we get home. I gotta go in a meeting." I knew at that point it was time for me to do just that. She is a tough woman!

The Nucor Kids Christmas party was last night. Nucor is who Cody works for. They are such an incredible company. For Christmas Cody was able to pick an iPad, $500.00 gift card to Academy, or $500.00 to Sears. They had all kinds of things set up for the kids to do. It was fun, and free dinner! Jake LOVED the chicken legs. He get it from his mama!!




Luke is officially pulling up on everything and I would not be surprised if he starts walking real soon. He pulled up for the first time over the Thanksgiving break. Cody made me type that. Cody lowered his crib yesterday and we started putting him in his crib at 8:30 when Jake goes to bed. It kills me to hear him cry but after he put his head directly on my shoulder when I got close to his crib last night, I know he is very much aware that staying up until 11:30 is not acceptable!  He's just so precious.



I have Christmas break in 1.5 days and I am more than ready. You will find me and the boys chillin', and that's it.


No comments:

Post a Comment