Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Change

Last night was graduation for our whole school. That means my class and Jake. Those were really the only two I was worried about. The theme was change. Our school changed from a private school last year to a charter school. The best way for me to explain charter school is a public school that is privately ran. We can pick and choose the students we want and the state funds us, which means I get paid like a public school teacher as opposed to private and my kids are usually so well behaved. It's really hard to beat. As my principal talked about all the change that has taken place this last year at school I sat and thought about how much has changed in my life. I never would have thought a year ago I would have another perfect baby boy already. May 14 of last year is when Cody asked me to marry him. Jake and I made the BIG move to Centerville mid June. Cody has a job where he works shift work. I knew it was going to be so tough raising a family with him on a different shift each week. He worked a week of days, a week of evenings, and a week of nights. Then they cycle would repeat. Cody had put in for a different job within the plant but it takes months for them to make a decision. They have to go through psychiatric evaluations, interviews, training, and all of this non sense before they hire. Thank God Cody passed his psych. evaluation( ha) because the day I found out I was pregnant he found out he got the job!! He now works a month of straight days, a week of evenings, a week of nights, and back to a month of days. Let me back up and say finding a job here is not the easiest task. Centerville district is incredibly small and teachers NEVER leave. It was by the grace of God that the charter I worked for in Willis took over this school in Crockett and I was able to transfer. Everything has fallen right in to place. My biggest worry moving here was Jake's education and where I would put him. A daycare wasn't appealing to me and the choices are slim to none here. Just so happened my school in Crockett had a pre-school for 3 year olds. Jake has blossomed this year and has grown up so much right before my eyes. He has adjusted to all of this change so well.

Last night I was a mess. I am such a crier. I cried when they called Jake's name and said he wanted to be a police man. I cried when I looked up and saw Cody rocking Luke in the audience. I cried when my principal announced my 4th graders and how much change they have had to deal with because I sub for 8 weeks. I cried when I rocked Luke to sleep last night because he is too precious for words. When I was pregnant I could blame it on my hormones but the truth is I have always been this way. I don't know why I seem to be so surprised that God keeps blessing me so much. He always provides and lays it all out. I am still waiting for him to change my body so it looks like it did before both of these kids!!

My babies and how much they have "changed" in such short time


   Jake (Then)


Now ( 4 years later)






Luke (Then)



Now ( 2 months later)




I swear my next post won't be so sappy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment