Friday, May 20, 2011

It's the Freakin' Weekend


I swear this week has been the LONGEST of my life. It has drug on and on. Our schedule is so out of whack! I am back at work, Cody is working evenings, Jake is at his dads, and my mom and step mom have been here all week to take care of Luke. My mom left on Wednesday and my step mom came. I swear I love these women so much. I really am so lucky they are always so willing to help. My step mom, Annette, and I have had such a good visit. We sit outside most evenings and just talk. She lost her only daughter almost exactly a year ago leaving behind her only granddaughter, Savanna,  that is in the 1st grade. And probably the most precious thing around. Annette lived for her daughter and granddaughter. I am certain Savanna, Jake, and Luke are what keep her going daily. I am a firm believer that when it is your time He takes you home because He needs you more than we do. This is so hard to grasp when He takes somebody so young, somebody that you love, and somebody who still has a small child who will grow up without a mommy. It has probably been the worst thing we have ever went through as a family. It has made me realize that tomorrow is not promised no matter how old you are and how many babies you have at home. There is not ever a day that goes by that I don't pray for my step mom and Savanna, it literally hurts my heart. So, anytime my step mom is here we talk about Amy and if she was here what she would have done in certain situations and all of the fun times she had. We cry, we laugh, and we still try to understand why she's gone. She lived her life to the absolute fullest and had a good time anywhere she went. Savanna and Amy had a bond just like me and Jake do. I think Luke has helped my step mom more than anything because as one life ends another one begins. There is no doubt Luke loves his Granny. His face lights up when she is around.


                                                                    Amy & Savanna






I picked up my camera this morning on my way out of the door so I could sit and read some more on it today. I have some cute ideas for some pictures of Luke that I want to try this weekend! I will post them if they turn out. Here are some pictures I found on my camera that had not been uploaded yet!


                                                            
                                                                Jake and Dayton
                                          

                                                     Is it normal Jake has muscles like this?


                                                                  Luke Thomas





                     

No comments:

Post a Comment