Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Heaven and Hot Tea

I have no voice and it makes it very hard to teach. My kids are testing for the next 3 days so that will be a little easier. They really have been so sweet since I have been sick. One brought me breakfast this morning and one brought hot tea. Have I ever mentioned I LOVE HOT TEA!  These little chitlins can be sweet when they want to be.

A front is blowing in as I type. It is thundering and the wind is blowing like crazy. I.LOVE.IT!!! I am worried about Jake over in his classroom. He still gets scared when the weather is like this. I am ready for jackets, scarves, and boots. Not to mention Osh Kosh and Children's Place were having a HUGE sale last week and I got the boys the cutest sweaters and flannel shirts. Christmas being so close stresses me out and I swear I would like to shoot myself about this time because I should have started shopping ohhhhh 6 months ago. Jake is supposed to be going to his dads for the very first time this year on Christmas. Which means he will not wake up with us on Christmas morning. I am still plotting a way to get out of this one..

We talked last night at the dinner table about what we are thankful for. Jake has obviously been talking about the same thing in class. He said he was thankful for Jesus and family. Any other time his response would have been guitars, my chewed up blanket, and chocolate. Cody chimed in and said he was thankful for 2 healthy boys after he pointed out he felt like he was in an AA meeting!!

Cody and I have been reading at night like I talked about in a previous blog. There was one sentence that we read a few weeks ago that has kind of stuck with me. I wanted to share because I know other working moms like me get busy from time to time and don't stop and think about the most important things. The sentence was...You are responsible for getting your spouse, children, and family to Heaven. If you don't, who will? Yes, of course, I think of the example I set for my children and try and do all of the right things so they will grow up wonderful young men, and one day make great husbands. But I think I do take for granted sometimes that Jake attends a private, Christian school and I depend on his teacher to teach him things about the bible and heaven. I can remember as a child my mom describing what what she thought heaven would look like and what all I could do there and see. As Cody and I read this it all kind of hit me like a ton of bricks. Jake knows that Jesus lives in his heart, he knows that Jesus loves when he is honest, he knows that Jesus forgives as many times as you ask, he knows he has to forgive, and he knows He is our father.  But does he know how amazing eternal life is or even what it is? Does he know what heaven looks like and that people who once suffered do not suffer anymore? Jake and I have a 35 minute drive to school each way, every day. We have started talking so much more. And I am explaining so much more. 

Praise Jesus for this cold weather blowing in and endless hot tea!! Have a terrific Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. I know, when you stop and think about it, parenthood is a HUGE responsibility; we are raising the next generation. And you're exactly right, it is definitely our job as parents to teach them about Jesus, because at the end of the day that's all that matters. We're only on this earth for a blink of an eye, but we will spend eternity some where, and my prayer for my loved ones is HEAVEN! Thanks for sharing and I'll see you in heaven one day! :)

    ReplyDelete