Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Getting By

Who has time to blog?  I am still kicking! May not be very high, but I'm still making it. The difference in one kid vs. two is HUGE and to think we will add another one day makes me so tired just thinking about it. I am very ready for Christmas break.

Luke is getting to the age where I can already tell him and Jake are going to be something else, together. It's almost like he already knows that Jake is going to be the typical big brother and he needs to get in all the free hits while he can. Anytime he is even close to Jake he is pulling his hair, tickling his feet, and in the middle of any toys he brings out. It cracks me up. I love just to sit back and watch. 

I have taken a break from cooking. I know, it's so sad. I have been getting home later in the evenings and by the time I cook, clean up, and make lunches it's time for the boys bath and bed. So, as long as I am getting home at 5 or later my family will be eating something quick and so easy. Cody is my life saver. When he gets home he usually starts dinner and when I walk in I can make a quick side. I have got to have that time with the kids and my husband. It is definitely what keeps me going.

I am getting a new sewing machine for Christmas and I am so excited. Between Cody's mom and the DIY tutorials I am determined to make all of these clothes I pay for. I am a sucker for the matching outfits and they are usually the most expensive. I have this conclusion that this sewing thing is going to be much easier than it probably is. Y'all just sit back and see. If you never see me post one thing I have attempted to sew, don't ask questions. Just know it did not work out like I thought.

I know I am so boring right now and I apologize. We are all alive and well. Cody and I look forward to the days we can be in bed by 9 pm and days we get to sleep past 730 am. Blogging does not fit in the same time slots as it used to. The high light of my week was that I got 100 Christmas cards and 140 return address labels for 13 bucks! See what I mean....

**I do have a pretty big prayer request. My nephew, Colin, is having his knee surgery tomorrow. Please say a quick prayer for him, our family, and all of the medical staff that will be part of his surgery. There is a very small chance this could stunt his growth so we are hoping and praying for the best!

Have a great week!!









1 comment:

  1. Cute pics! Love the turtle hat! I hear ya on cooking dinner, I go through phases as well. I saw a sign on Pinterest yesterday and thought of you. It said "Stay Calm and get your Ho-Ho-Ho on". I saw it right after your FB post about not getting out the Christmas decor yet. :)

    ReplyDelete