Thursday, December 23, 2010

Slacky Slackerson

Yep, I have been slacking on posting and I am sorry. I wasn't really busy. Well, I take that back. I kinda was. One of the highlights of my Christmas break every year is going to watch my brother's high school team play. We usually have to travel 5 hours to see a game but we got lucky this year. They were playing in a tournament in Lake Charles so it was only about 3 hours! Everything helps when you are traveling with a 3 year old. His team won the game we saw and it was so fun to see them play! My brother is just incredible, he knows his stuff no doubt. He's so intense and passionate about his team so I love hearing him coach his players. He coaches a very small 4A team and the tournament they ended up taking 1st in was a big 5A. Pretty awesome!

The night I actually got back home Cody immediately starting feeling bad. He began throwing up and all the extra stuff that went with it for a solid 24 hours. Poor guy. I kept him quarantined to one room. Two bottles of Lysol, a bottle of germ-x, and one air conditioner filter later me and Jake are still feeling good. I hate to jinx us cause that stuff hits FAST and there is no stopping it. Did I mention how pitiful my husband was when he was sick? I know he felt bad but sweet baby Jesus......
I know Cody will kill me for this but its toooo funny not to share....Last night Jake and I ran to the store and he saw some Iron Man slipper socks he wanted and I caved after I threatened him not to even ask for ANYTHING while we were in there...you know what happened. Anyway-so we got home and he put them on first thing, he wanted to show Cody but Cody was in the bathroom. He knocks on the door and yells out, "Cody are you taking a DIE-A-RITA in there cause I want you show you my socks?!" Cody and I both lost it! The kid is hilarious!

Tonight we are going to Palestine to ride on the Polar Express. We are all so excited. This mom of the year waited until the last minute to buy the tickets and there were no more climate controlled seats available. So, we are going to dress very warm and bring a blanket. We will freeze I'm sure. Hey with everything as crazy as it has been we are lucky to have tickets at all. I will see if I can upgrade when I get there but I'm not counting on it. I have never rode in first class so why even try and start now??

One last thing before I go that I thought was pretty cool and just shows you how amazing God is! Yesterday Cody slept all day and Jake played wonderfully by himself so I decided to get my pantry and Jake's drawers cleaned out. I went through all of his stuff and put all of the clothes that were too small up for his brother. It was mainly all summer clothes. My child seems like a very big kid but he's always been true to his size. Until now, he totally skipped the size 4t. He went from 3 to a 5. So anyways, Jake was over at Wade's playing and when I walked over to pick him up Wade's dad had two huge garbage bags full of size 5/6 summer clothes Wade had grown out of for Jake! I have tried to donate as much as I can to families this Christmas that are not as fortunate and it always comes back to us every single time! Jesus is the reason for the season!!!!

I am going to attempt to bake some pies tomorrow for people like Wade's family that have made us feel so welcome since the day we moved in! Wish me luck. I'm going to try this Chocolate Bourbon Pecan. It looks wonderful. Think they would care if a tiny sliver is missing upon delivery?

1 comment: