Monday, December 13, 2010

Sports-It's What I Love

I am so passionate about so many things like my faith, my family, my job, and SPORTS! I guess considering that basketball paid for half of my college education could be the reason. I have always dreamed of being a basketball coach but I know I would have to coach volleyball, track, and softball. And I just don't like those enough to spend long hours at the school away from my family. Cody has this vision that I am going to coach in Centerville and save the town and take them to a state championship. It's so sweet he believes in me too, but I love my family way too much at this point to be away. My whole family is sports oriented. My brother also played college basketball and is an amazing coach in Louisiana. He teaches at a school where he is a minority and plays a father figure as well as a coach to many of his players. It's incredible how many players succeed there and get to go to college because of him. His story should be made in to a movie. Or maybe I just think that because he's my brother!! My nieces and nephews have gotten to the age where they are competitive and my niece is one of the best softball pitchers in her age group in Texas. She is going to be amazing in high school and I can't wait! My nephew is a great athlete, he just hasn't found his sport yet. He played club soccer for years and recently tried out football (made the A team, starter) and is playing basketball(also a starter) now for his junior high team! I went to watch him a week ago and it was so exciting. Like made me want to cry watching him because my heart was so happy seeing him on the basketball court! I'm not sure if this is normal. I don't attend many basketball games because it makes me miss it so much and I often want to hurdle the bleachers and either A)-rip my clothes off and put on a jersey or B)-start coaching this group of kids I don't even know. Between my niece, nephew, and Jake it is so fun to be able to watch them play and be as good as I was when I was their age. I know how fun it was for me to travel all over the U.S. and see so many different places all because of basketball. These are some of my favorite pictures of the kids!!

Casey pitchin, I'm sure it was a strike! Pretty much all she throws













No comments:

Post a Comment