Thursday, December 9, 2010

Things That Make Me Happy

I have been bound and determined to catch up from posts about Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have been too lazy to upload the pics from my camera so I did it all today, along with Christmas cards I got addressed! I am feeling pretty accomplished! This post will be so random with random things but they mean to much to me to leave them out! So, here ya go!

Green Beans-I told y'all I wanted to upload the pics of my bundles from Thanksgiving! These are my favorite and were a HIT at Cody's family dinner! They look fancy, like you spent all day preparing them!
















3 cans of whole green beans (not cut)
1 package of bacon (cut in half so it won't be so long)
1/2 red onion
Little bit of brown sugar and a whole lotta butter
Take 5-6 green beans and wrap a piece of bacon around them. Dice the red onion very small and sprinkle over them top. Sprinkle brown sugar over the pan, I go VERY light on this cause I don't want it to be sweet. Lastly, cut up butter pieces and put ever so often on the top. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes to cook the bacon then BROIL for about 5 so the bacon will be nice and crispy. I like my bacon cooked, no gooey stuff. They are wonderful and most of all pretty. Anytime you mix bacon grease AND butter, it's going to be good!!!

Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree
I have mentioned before that I wanted this Christmas to be so great for Jake. Cody mentioned the Christmas Tree Farm in town and I knew Jake would LOVE getting to see all of the trees! Of course, the only thing he was worried about was how loud the chainsaw was going to be and how old he has to be to have one. Boys! I loved this and we will go back and get a real tree every year! It's one less thing I have to pack up and put away.
















We are still working on this kids smile!
























Christmas Parade
The parade came and went in C'Ville. I wanted to get a picture of the actual parade but by the time I picked up my camera to turn to click, it was gone. Yep, that fast! This is Weston(1), Jake(3), Dayton(4), and Garrett(1).
















I have a few more things but I will wait until tomorrow! One week until Christmas break!! Whoo-Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment