Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It's a Constant Battle

On my mind lately....Glad I am not the only one!!

I read Brooke's blog this morning and I loved it. Her qoute at the bottom was this, "If you're worried that you're not doing everything right, then you're probably not doing anything wrong!"

I constantly worry about so many things in life and mainly how I'm rasing my boys. Is it the right way? Should I be doing things differently? Should I do more of this and less of that? Should I voice my opinion or should I hold my tongue. Is that a battle I want to fight or let it go? How will this affect them when they are older? It's a constant......

I usually don't listen when somebody tells me how I should raise my children. I almost always voice my opinion and never hold my tongue. I do what works best for my family. I strive to be the best wife, mom, and teacher I can be. I don't fight many battles regarding my boys because I can't keep a stern face when they start crying. I always refer back to my childhood and ask my self what would my mom do?

I feel like my mom raised us to be independant leaders with self esteem. We knew we could do anything we wanted and she never let us quit. She always taught us it was okay to be yourself and stand up to what you thought was right.....I want my children to know they can do anything by themselves. I dont want them to feel like they depend on anybody, but the Lord, to get through life. They need to know never give up when things get tough. And people may not agree or see things the way you do, and thats ok. 

I think this is a never ending battle for us as parents and adults. I have realized that not many families are like mine and I am so thankful. I value family, friendship, and respect.

I have the best FAMILY. I have had the same FRIENDS for 10 years or more. And my husband and children RESPECT me. I have everything I have ever dreamed of and I could not imagine ever being HAPPIER!!!

I have every hope in the world I am doing all of the things right and continue to learn and grow each day. I have so many wants for my little guys and have faith that will grow up knowing they can do whatever they dream of, treat people with respect, never give up, love their families and friends, and always come to mama when they need advice!!

Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment