Wednesday, March 23, 2011

He's Here-Luke Thomas

I figured I would blog while I could since all of the boys are asleep! We are still at the hospital waiting to go home. Yesterday at 3:20 our lives changed forever. All 3 of ours. I look at Luke and don't believe it's true. He's really mine. I have a perfect, healthy, precious, baby. AGAIN. God is so good is really all I have thought for the past 24 hours. I will update about my labor so Luke knows just how he got here!

We had to check in the hospital at 8pm Sunday night. They gave me 2 pills to thin my cervix and cause me, which I had no idea, the worst pain of my whole labor. I was so miserable the whole night and the meds my doctor had for me of course made my tummy upset and caused me to hurl my supper. Needless to say, I slept not a wink Sunday night. I did in fact get thank you's written from Luke's shower!

They started pitocin at 5:30 am on Monday morning. My doctor came over and broke my water at about 10 am and I immediately got an epidural! I rested until about 2:30 or until I could feel contractions and I was dilated to a 10. I started pushing at 3 and he was born at 3:20! I am not going into explicit detail because Heather was here with her flippin fantastic photography skills and captured every second. I can't wait to see it!!!

I do know the moment Luke was born I fell in love with a 8 pound baby all over again just like I did 4 years ago. Cody had told me he would probably sit on the couch the whole time and would be the best morale support ever, but just didn't think he could handle it. He actually was by my side the whole time and I am pretty sure he is just as in love as I am. Jake is absolutely smitten by his little brother and wants to help me with everything. Even the poopy diapers!! He has told us he loved him and he thought he was so cute. Jake has been at my moms and I am a little nervous about how I am going to continue to be the best mom I can be when we all get under the same roof. How will I have time for both of them and give them all of the attention they need? It's scary, but I think I got this!

We are all packed up  and ready to get home. They are making me stay for a complete 48 hours on the dot after Luke was born. These people really follow the rules? So boring. I will update more when I am home and find my sanity. There is so much more....





No comments:

Post a Comment