Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Laying Low, Enjoying Each Other

Spring Break has officially started. Whoo hoo!! Sorry, been watching too much Real Housewives of OC. The Friday Spring Break started my doctor sent me for an ultrasound and told me if Luke was 8 lbs. or more he would take him. He pretty much lied. The ultrasound said he was 8 lbs 7 ounces already. Make a long story short, my doc said that can always be give or take a pound and he wants to wait one more week. I went back yesterday and he told me he would induce me next Monday, the 21st. This has all really worked out perfectly. Jake is at his dads Monday-Thursday so it gives me this week to lay around, get the last minute things done, and of course spend as much time with Cody as I can. Cause I damn sure cant sleep!! I know Cody has an idea about what is about to happen to his life, but he has no idea. That make sense? He is so anxious and excited and if it was up to him I would have had this baby last week. He has researched all about what happens each week and doesn't see why I couldn't have had him at 37 weeks. It's cute!

I went and got a pedicure and shellac nails yesterday. I have heard so much about shellac and how awesome it is. It is great and I am sure it would look so much better if my nails weren't ridiculously short. And I am pretty sure I could do them on my own next time. I was like this is it??!! "Yep, you liiiiiike?" Jenny said.

I have been praying so much about the things going on with Jake and his dad. His dad thinks he should come more and I of course hate him being gone. I have been sick to my stomach about it and stressed to the max. After a solid week of praying every time I think about it, God has opened my eyes to a whole new perspective. I am now thankful he has a father that loves him so much and wants to spend time with him. I am thankful he helps financially, even if it's just a little bit. I see so many children through teaching that do not even know their mom or dad. Thank you ALL who have been praying for us, it was a very tough week. God never ceases to amaze me and how he teaches me to be a better person.

On a lighter note, I fell in love with my husband all over again last night after watching the Bachelor finale. I thought Emily was the most precious thing ever and she was so in love with Brad. Then I see her on the after show and she was a completely different person. How do you fall in love with someone then fall out so quick? So weird and fake.

Here is a few pics of what we have been doing. Laying low and enjoying each other:

Cody playing guitar and singing to Jake! Yep, in the bathtub!

When Jake got out, it lead to this! Makes my heart happy!

Notice Cody has his "song book"out so Jake went and got his song book(nursery rhymes).

My handsome sweet boy!

And this is our family project this weekend. Figure out how to take this pic! So beautiful!


From PW website! If you have advice or know how to take this, lemme know!! It has to be directly in the sunlight.

2 comments:

  1. Luke is looking with me, and he said "that's a good picture" about the last one. He said "is that you when you were dark?" Ha!! Can't wait for your little Luke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting on little Luke's arrival; he is right around the corner!! I will definitely be praying for you in regards to Jake's father, as I'm sure that is hard. But you are exactly right...how awesome is it to know that his father loves him and wants to be with his son more. And shellac...had mine done right before we went to Cabo last month...loved it! And I agree: can I apply it myself at home? lol! That was funny "you liiiike?" Round or square? LOL! I hope you have a great week off and get some last minute things done! :)

    ReplyDelete