Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Handsome Husband

Today my post will be all about my husband. I'm sure none of you care and I won't get my feelings hurt if you don't read it. I met Cody through L who is married to his brother. I went to high school with L, she was quite a bit older than me but somehow we became good friends! We lost touch over the years and she found me again right after I had Jake. I was still with Jake's dad but knew that it was only a matter of time before that would be no longer. 4 months later, it was NO LONGER. WHEW!! She would tell me all the time she had a guy she wanted me to meet but I was never interested. That sounds a little harsh, I was interested I just never was able to go out and do much. I had a newborn baby, I was a college student, and I wanted to be on my own for a while to find ME again! I wanted to find somebody that valued family, loved God, somebody to complete me. After being alone for 2 years (which was some of the best 2 years of my life) L called me one day and said she was having a fish fry at her house! I said I have to drive to C'Ville? That's way tooo far. I have no clue why I decided to go that day but I loaded Jake up and we were off. I never would have brought Jake but L has 3 boys so I knew he would have a blast! I remember trying to put L's address in the GPS that day and it said no matches found, I knew I was going to the country but GEEZ how country? We had an awesome time!

The first date Cody asked me out on I told him I would have to see if I had Jake but I would let him know. He told me to bring Jake. I knew right then I would marry this man! We drove back and forth every weekend to see each other missing only one weekend in a year(the opening weekend of hunting season, imagine that)! Cody and Jake share a bond that amazes me. Jake wants to be just like him. If Cody has on wind pants, Jake wants wind pants. If Cody has on a cap so does Jake. They love all of the same things! Cody plays guitar, this is where Jake has picked up the obsession with the guitar. I know he will make us famous one day playing in the best country band ever! Cody and I were both athletes so we love watching sports. Jake can throw a perfect spiral football and hit and throw a baseball like a 10 year old. Cody will play catch with him for hours! Only thing we don't agree on is he wants Jake to grow up and "get big." Me, on the other hand, wants him to stay little forever! These are my favorite pics of them:










































Cody loves his family just as much as I love mine. He is a mama's boy, and thinks his mom hung the moon. And she has! Cody doesn't gossip and doesn't judge. I have never met one person who doesn't like him. Cody can wash dishes, do laundry, vacuum, and clean the house with the best of them and is always willing to help me.We live a very simple life with a lot of LOVE!! I thank the Lord every day for bringing him to us. I thank God for sending me a man who gets up on Sundays and goes to church with us as a family. I think he will change his mind about Jake growing up real soon once this baby is born and he sees how fast the years fly by!!

4 comments:

  1. Loved it!! You didn't have be tearing up until the end, Barbara Walters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! Congrats to you on your new marriage. I wish yall a life time of happiness! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got all choked up, Casey. i'm so glad you two found each other. i couldn't ask for better additions to our family! love yall :)

    ReplyDelete