Monday, November 22, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

Thank you notes from the wedding and my shower have consumed my life. I go to bed and wake up thinking about how I need to get them DONE! Cody is even on me about them?!?! I told him he needed to help. His excuse? His handwriting isn't neat enough.I will let him slide on this one:) I swore on Friday I would get them done over the weekend, and guess what? That didn't happen. I have to start making my goals more realistic! But the good news is I got them done today at work. (Hope my boss doesn't see this) All 85 of them! Yep, I counted every last one. I left my best friends, my mom, and sister out of the thank you's and I'm sorry. They will understand, I hope:) Now that I think about it they did all of the work. I better get busy writing a few more.....
This weekend was great, we did NOTHING! I did not use my debit card one time and I LOVE that feeling. My nephews wanted to come spend the night Friday night so I had 3 boys to keep me company while Cody was at work. We had a good time, Jake loves playing with them.
It seems like I cooked all weekend. Saturday night I made my sisters famous homemade hot sauce and I must say after my 3985238 attempt I think I finally got it down. It was delicious! I literally made myself sick on it. I STILL have heartburn. My friend Brooke has introduced me to Pioneer Woman's blog and I'm addicted. I'm jealous Brooke gets to stay home with her precious babies so she gets to try PW's recipes all of the time. Me, well I tried my first one this weekend! I made her monkey bread because it was quick and easy. It was delicious. It reminds me of something you would make in the morning if you had family in town. It's a perfect recipe for the holidays. I think I am going to try her stuffed mushrooms next, Brooke says they are to die for!
Last night Cody wanted pizza so we took a road trip to Pizza Hut and ate dinner. When the lady brought our ticket Jake looks at us and says,(with the most serious look)" I forgot my wallet." I love that little guy:)  

2 comments:

  1. I have Poineer Woman just ONE CLICK away on my tool-bar!
    When you have time (AFTER you finish ur thank-you notes =])you dhould read her love story about her and her husband. I think it's called 'from black heels to tractor wheels'...or something like that!! YOULL LOVE IT GIRL!!!!!!! =)Ohhh yeah, and her 'restaurant hotsauce' if freakin' AWESOME!!!! Its the only kind i make!!

    ReplyDelete