Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday Style

I already suck at this blogging stuff. I created a blog Thursday and already forgot the password. So I had to RE-DO! My excuse (not that I need one) to Cody, I swear this baby is consuming my brain cells!!

One thing that I have been thinking about a lot lately is COOKING and CLEANING... every day last week either me or Cody cooked every night. Which means that me or Cody cleaned the kitchen every night last week. Now remember Cody and I live in a house that was built in 1975 probably and dishwashers were not a necessity back then. I'm actually not sure when dishwashers were NOT of the essence, but needless to say our home does not have one. Don't get me wrong I love our little house. It's the cutest thing ever, and I hate to build a new one now that I have this one exactly how I want it minus the dishwasher issue! Anyway-So as I was washing dishes and Cody was cleaning off the counter I said to him, "this cooking is overrated." His response, "my mom did it every day of our lives." I'm not going to include my response after that but you can guess it was along the lines of well you know where she lives!! Don't get me wrong I love my in laws and his mom is wonderful to us. His mom's house is also immaculate and you can eat off the floor. Mine, well only on Friday morning when Dora comes to clean, and me and Jake haven't walked through the doors from school yet. Once that child enters any body's home, all hell breaks lose!!  I guess my point is women were different back then, they cooked, cleaned, baked, and did laundry EVERY DAY! And I want to know their secret........ The cleaning is another issue in itself. I can't really win for losing on both, you hire somebody to clean and its never done the way you like it. You order take out and its never as good as home cooking! I will talk to Cody today about what cabinets to rip out for a dishwasher and y'all let me know what I can do about the cooking thing. Have a good weekend!

3 comments: