Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Just One of Them Days...

I did not intend for this to be my first post after Thanksgiving. I took pictures of all the things I cooked and everything to post on here post Thanksgiving! Well, that didn't happen. Sorry to disappoint all of you that have been sitting on the edge of your seats....

I secretly wanted to call in to work today but I need to save every day I can for when this little bundle of joy comes! Considering I DON'T GET PAID for those 6 weeks off. It makes me really mad when I think about it, but that could be a whole post in itself. Thanksgiving was great, it seems like I worked and cooked the whole time. Sucks getting old and people ask you to make dishes for holidays. What happened to just walking in to the house and it's all done for you?! The thought did cross my mind to make the most horrible nasty tasting stuff and then nobody would EVER ask me to cook again. But since Cody and I are newlyweds and his family thinks I'm the bomb I figure I better not disappoint them this early. They will learn soon enough. I do plan on doing a post with my green bean bundles, rice dressing, and peanut butter cookies out of a package with "shershey" kisses on the top (Jake's all time fav) as soon as I get time at home.

On Friday we went out to the Christmas tree farm with Jake and picked out a tree to be cut down. Of course the one I wanted was inside the warehouse and had been shipped from New York. I knew buying one of those took the fun out of cutting one down so I passed it up this year. Maybe one day when I have a new house I will have room for two and I can get the one I want then. Keep dreaming, right! The tree turned out perfect. Cody put lights up on the house and we decorated the inside. I tend to go a little overboard when it comes to decorating for Christmas. Thank God Cody is JUST like me about Christmas and is willing to work just as hard to make our house so pretty during the holidays. Just another reason I love that man so much!

Thanksgiving break made me realize something Cody and I have been talking about for a year now. I COULD NEVER BE A STAY AT HOME MOM!! Maybe it's because I'm pregnant and cranky but oh my geez, Jake's teacher was very lucky to see him alive and present Monday morning. It could be the average 430845 questions he asked me and Cody each day. Whatever it is, I think school is the best fit for both of us. Don't get me wrong there are days I don't want to get out of bed and I complain of wanting to stay home, but in the end the summer I get off is plenty!

Cody got called in to work last night at 11:00 so of course I didn't sleep. I am so worn out and tired I feel like I never got 4 days off. I am already counting down the days until Christmas break. 13 days not including today, its half way over. I never remember feeling like this when I was preggo with Jake. I either felt really good or really bad. Never half way in between. I guess I should be thankful I'm not throwing up everyday 3x a day like I was with Jake. I need to be more optimistic. Maybe tomorrow, it's just one of those days!

I need to get my oil changed in my car. I also need to get the remote start on my key less entry fixed. It was so nice to be able to start the car from inside on cold mornings like this one so my baby boy was warm when I put his grumpy butt in his seat at 6:45 in the a.m.! I forgot my wedding rings today. It's so weird that I never wore a ring on that finger for 27 years and now I have been wearing one for 10 months and I feel naked without it. Cody better be lucky I work inside and nobody sees me without a ring. I'm sure all of the men in Crockett Texas love a 200 pound 6 month pregnant woman who fingers are so swollen they look like mini sausages!! Hope y'all have a terrific Tuesday!

1 comment: