Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day Wednesday


 Yesterday my school announced we would have late arrival today but it decided to snow in C'Ville and the roads were nasty here so we never made it to school. Cody called me worried sick this morning after seeing a 18 wheeler turned over in the ditch on his way to work and begged me not to drive. If I wasn't 7.5 months prego and had a almost 4 year old little boy with me I probably would have went in anyway but decided it wasn't worth chancing it. Not even close.  I wish I could say Jake let me sleep in but that wasn't the case. He was up at 6:45 begging for chocolate milk and Little Einsteins. It is now 2pm and I am still in my pj's and Jake is napping. I have been in the nursery all morning going through boxes, washing cute little outfits, and putting more stuff away. I am avoiding the nursery closet with everything I have. It's been that closet where everything gets thrown that you have no clue what to do with. And it's bad. I will get to it sometime in the next 6 weeks. Hopefully sooner than later.
Jake turns 4 on Saturday and I can't believe it. We are having a small party here at the house. About a month ago we were pulling up at home and Jake says mom can we have my party right here? Absolutely! I love staying home right now so it sounded like a fabulous idea to me. I got all of his stuff in from birthday express and we are ready to have a great Toy Story 3 party. I wish he didn't grow so fast. It's really starting to get me down.
I have been walking and it's crazy how much better I feel. I don't know why I am so surprised. I have been active all of my life so I should have known. All of my swelling has pretty much went away and I am sleeping much better. It's a great stress relief too. I pick my Pandora station, put in my ear buds, and go to town around the neighborhood. It's been wonderful. I know it will make my labor much easier. Only 7 weeks to go if they don't take this little guy in 5 weeks.
I am very thankful for all of my wonderful friends and family these last two weeks. I am so thankful for Cody. I am the luckiest girl in the world. He has supported me through tough times and loves my Jake just like he's his own. And of course my mother, y'all know how I feel about her!
Stay warm and inside if you can! Have a great week!

Jake has enjoyed our snow day as well. I have gotten my 9 bucks out of this costume for sure!!


No comments:

Post a Comment