Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's starting to get crazy

We had a WONDERFUL weekend! Friday night we went to Cody's brothers house and hung out by the fire. Jake is officially a pyro and almost drove me to drink around that fire. I thought about taking a xanex more than once. His thing is putting the stick in the fire, lighting the end of the stick, then going to another part of the fire and starting it. I know I did the exact same thing when I was a kid considering I grew up 25 miles out of town but it stills scares me. And we all know it didn't seem to bother Cody, hes a country bumpkin! Cody's brother got a guitar for Christmas and Cody is trying to teach him a thing or two. It's actually my favorite thing to do. Sit around a fire, in the country, and listen to my husband play guitar. I'm a cheap date!
Saturday Jake had a birthday party! Toy Story, of course! This is the 3rd birthday party he has been to in 2 months that have been Toy Story, and guess what? Jake's birthday is on  Februaury 5th and it's Toy Story! I tried to go Rockstar theme but he wasn't having it. Is my baby boy really going to be 4?
We started on the nursery yesterday and it really hit me as we unpacked Jake's old bedding, newborn clothes, tiny shoes and socks, and a crib! We are going to have a tiny baby.  We can't wait. Cody and I giggled looking at onesies and all of the cute sayings on them. It's just crazy I am starting all over again. And then to think I will probably do this one more time if not two. We are going to be pro's at raising babies!!!
After a LONG night of no sleep I got to school this morning to find a basket on my desk with the BRAND NEW Pioneer Woman's cookbook in it!! My co-worker, I also teach her daughter, are always chatting about her recipes and how awesome we think she is. The basket was precious, it had the cookbook, spaghetti noodles, sauce, and some really cute utensils! She so made my day! Today I have been getting lists together for showers that are going to be taking place in February. We have something every weekend in Februaury. Then it's March! I am starting to feel the pressure to get things done because I know Luke will be here before we know it! I will have some pics soon of the used to be "fancy" formal dining room to now Luke's bedroom!

Funny thing Jake said this weekend:
We got up Sunday morning and Jake went downstairs at my moms to get donut holes and a Yoo-Hoo which he calls a chocolate milk box. ( I know breakfast of champions, I was trying to get an extra hour of sleep. Cut me some slack) He comes back upstairs and Cody says," Jake will you go get me one of those Yoo-Hoo's?" Jake says," what is a Yoo-Hoo?" Cody then tells him it's the chocolate milk box, so Jake runs downstairs to get him one. As he is coming back upstairs he yells out to Cody, "Cody, I got your Hoo-Hoo." Sooo cute!
                                          
                                                                  My Little Pool Shark!

No comments:

Post a Comment