Thursday, January 13, 2011

Whistlin' Wednesday


There are a few things that have been on my mind lately and none of much importance!

Writing TAKS is in 34 days. I always get super cranky at this time. I hate there is so much stress associated with this test. I know my kids will do wonderful when it's all said and done so I'm over it....already!

I have really got to get on the ball about this baby. I was completely finished with Jake's nursery at this point. Poor Luke doesn't even have a bed yet. The sad thing is I have no plan on when I am getting it done. I will probably be in labor while Cody is assembling a bed at home. Crazy how things change when you have more than one. Every thing I had for Jake was BRAND SPANKIN new, this baby has everything hand me down and I am completely okay with that. People used to offer me clothes for Jake and I would look at them like you want me to put that on my child after your child wore it? Yea right!! Now I am the queen of hand me downs and am quick to pull in a resale shop when I see one. Makes me feel good, like I hit the jack pot. Now don't get me wrong I am just as excited for Luke to get here as I was Jake. I just saw how many things Jake never even touched or wore and how much money I flushed down the toilet. My best friend Sara shops only at boutiques and gives me the clothes when she is done. Sounds like a hell of a plan to me!! I didn't keep one thing of Jake's. I was never having another child, why should I keep it? Funny how things change! I got a package in the mail on Tuesday, I open it up and there are the most precious matching summer outfits in it my mom ordered for the boys! Leads me to my next thing...

Most of you that follow my blog know my mom. I, of course, think she is the best thing since sliced bread and there is nobody else like her. I never said she was perfect and there are days we disagree on things, but the woman has a heart of gold! She has been in the oilfield for 30 years and there is not a person I meet in that industry that doesn't know Donna Fox. Not only do they know her, but they love and respect her. It just blows me away at all of the things she knows. How does she know that our freezer is low in the meat department and I dread going to the store when she stops at the local meat market to fill my freezer? How does she know I have a Christmas banquet coming up when she shows up with a cute black and white maternity dress the week before. How does she know Jake lived in wind paints last year and he had not one pair this winter when she brought them a month ago? How does she know I needed a new pair of plain silver earring while she was in Mexico? How did she know that Cody and I wanted a new wrought iron front door when she ordered us one for Christmas? She is constantly doing so much for all of us. This all hit me when about 2 years ago we were sitting at the table and her social security paper came in with her last 15 years salaries. I always thought my mom made a very good living growing up just because she owned her own "oilfield" company until I looked at that paper that day. Her salary while I was in high school was in the 20,000's. My mouth dropped, I was in complete shock. How much did my mom sacrifice for not only us as her kids but the people she had working for her? She was obviously making the least so she could pay her employees the most. All these years I thought this was the norm for all parents and their kids. As I get older I realize it's not. I pray to God every night to give me the strength and wisdom she has to be half of the mother and grandmother she is to all of us! I pray to be the teacher she is. She is always giving advice whether we want it or not, and we always listen. Then, a month later I have to go back and say you know mom, you were right about so and so as much as I hate to admit it. I catch myself doing things I swore I would never do that she does. Like taking the ice out of my water cup at the restaurant to wash my hands or Jake's hands while we are still at the table! The list goes on....I have been eating my words a lot lately! Never say never. Anyway-Mom, we love you and are so thankful for you!!

I booked our trip to the Frio this year! We can hardly wait. My whole family will be in the same house and I can only imagine the crazy things that are going to happen on this 4 day trip! If you have never been to the Frio, GOOOOO! It's a blast and cheap. The cheapest vacation I have ever been on and by far the most fun. We got the best house this year. I am super pumped.

I know this post is titled something about Wednesday but I am a little behind schedule. Story of my life. I move at a very slow pace these days, and it's only getting slower! Come on baby Luke!

And no I did not proofread this before I posted it, if there are mistakes, get over it!

2 comments:

  1. Lucas and I are the same way with our second baby. He will be here in about 6 weeks and we have yet to set up the nursery or wash any (hand-me-down) clothes! My, how things change with the second! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Meghan-I didnt realize it was so soon. You and Lana are so close! How exciting. I know Mr.&Mrs. Gregory can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete